Sunday 17 February 2013

A few more cards...

As February continues, more cards have been created. I've not had chance to post them as I've not been feeling 100%, but now it's half term, hopefully I've got time to recharge my batteries!


The month started with a Get Well card for my OH's mum who had a knee operation. My first real attempt with stamping and I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt. It didn't look like there was much to it so I raised the stamped image using foam pads and embossed the Get Well Soon with copper embossing powder.

A 17th birthday came next. My parents' Godson and a good family friend. He's really into sport and plays table tennis and cricket regularly. I chose this Wild Rose Studio stamp and coloured it using felt tip pens. I stamped the Happy Birthday message on blue card and glued it to the card so as not to take attention away from the main image by colouring it in bright colours.



With Valentine's Day fast approaching I didn't have long to make a Valentine's card. I used a Forever Friends decoupage kit I've had for a long time and cut out some of the hearts from the sheet to add a bit more detail. The backing paper came from a free Me to You pack I got with a magazine. The XOXO is a rub-on I found in a local craft shop. Although it's not clear, the hearts and the sentiments are raised up using foam pads.



1 comment: