Sunday 18 August 2013

New cards. I haven't vanished honest!

Thought I'd pop in with a couple more photos since I've been AWOL again! I'm continuing to make cards (and so far succeeded in not buying any cards from shops this year!) though do keep forgetting to take photos of them before I pack them into the envelopes! I've managed to get one back from my brother to photograph and remembered to take a photo of one yesterday before I sent it. I've made others for family but need to speak to them and get pictures!!

A 30th birthday card for a friend. I used a die-cut decoupage and a small happy birthday topper for the main part of the card and then used silver embossing powder to add her name and age. It was a bit of a quick job and the writing is a bit wonky but it hasn't turned out too badly!

My little brother's birthday card (from April!) I used papers from a magazine I had and backed some of them onto black card to add a bit more definition and then used foam pads to add those in the foreground and a stamped greeting to add the extra dimension. He's been a bit obsessed with DIY and important 'life lessons' like fixing an extractor fan and laying a lawn since he moved into his house, so the card accompanied a book on How to do just about everything DIY!

There will be another card to join these soon as my brother has just got engaged while on holiday!! I'm very excited for him and I promise to take a photo of the card I make before I give it to them!! (and I'll take photos of other family cards I've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment